PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control
The Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Control encourages dogs to stop barking, giving you peace and quiet in your own backyard. Whenever your dog or your neighbor's dog barks, he will hear a high-pitched sound that's inaudible to most humans. The ultrasonic sound is harmless yet annoying, which reminds your dog to stop barking. The sound stops as soon as he stops barking. The outdoor bark control unit looks like any ordinary birdhouse and can hang in a tree, on a fence post, or anywhere outside in your yard. With a range of up to 50 feet, one unit could cover a 1/4 acre yard. Add more units to cover a larger property
Will This Work for My Dog?
Ultrasonic bark correction is often the best bark control solution for many dogs. However, it will not work for all dogs because of factors like age, hearing ability, and temperament. When setting up the device, make sure there are no obstacles between the dog and the device. Also, make sure that the birdhouse speaker is less than 5 feet high and is facing the direction of the barking dog.
· Uses high-frequency ultrasonic sound to disrupt barking
· Works on most dogs within hearing range- no bark collar needed!
· Ultrasonic sound projects in a cone shape 150 degrees in front of the speaker
· Covers 1/4 acre. Add extra units for larger yards.
· For dogs of any size
· Range up to 50 feet
· Microphone detects barking to prevent false corrections
· For outdoor use only
· Uses 1 9-volt alkaline battery (not included)
· Average battery life is 2 months depending on how often the dog barks
· Low-battery indicator
· The sound doesn't travel well through fences, trees, or walls.
· Don't use this bark control device on dogs who are deaf or hard of hearing. They won't respond to the ultrasonic tone
· Turn off the device when not in use. This helps prevent dogs from becoming desensitized to the sound
· Add additional units to cover areas larger than 1/4 acre
· Don't use this product inside your home. The ultrasonic sound will bounce differently indoors.
· To improve battery life, turn unit off when not in use
· While the unit is weatherproof, it shouldn't be submerged in water. If water enters the microphone, the device might not work until the microphone dries